- 1 lb (450 gr) firm white fish 
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs of cilantro (coriander leaf)
- 1 small (¾", 2 cm) hot chile
- about 8 limes (enough for at least ¾ cup of juice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste
- Cut fish into ½" (1 cm) cubes.
- Mince the onion, garlic, and chile coarsely.
- Chop the cilantro very finely.
- Juice the limes and strain to remove the pulp and seeds.
- Mix all of the ingredients and refrigerate tightly covered for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with corn tortillas, tortilla chips, or crackers.