Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg flour
- 20 gr yeast
- 1 cup olive oil
- Optional for sweetness 1 pkg vanilla sugar (Dr. Oetker brand as example)
- Sift 1 kg of flour in a dish. Add 20 gr of yeast, one cup of oil, a bit of salt and knead it with warm water until the dough starts to separate from your hands. Dough should not be too soft, or too hard.
- Spread oil on baking pan and place the dough on it and leave it 10 minutes in a warm place.
- Perforate the dough with a fork to avoid having empty spaces under the crust.
- Christmas bread is usually decorated with bits of dough shaped like birds or braids.
- Put the baking pan in the oven heated well.
- When the crust is baked, cover it with a sheet of paper that will permit the bread to bake well.
- Serve it warm.