In Romanian: Mincare de telina.
- 5 large celery roots
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery leaves,
- Peel the celery roots, wash and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Dredge each slice with flour and lightly fry on both sides.
- Fry the finely chopped onion in the remaining lard, until yellow.
- Add 1 teaspoon flour and let fry some more.
- Then add milk and let come to a boil. Place the fried celery in this sauce, salt and simmer, covered, shaking the pan from time to time.
- At the end add the chopped celery leaves.
- This dish can be prepared with oil instead of lard.
- In this case, replace the milk with water and add 1 - 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.