Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Mincare de telina.
- 5 large celery roots
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery leaves,
- Peel the celery roots, wash and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Dredge each slice with flour and lightly fry on both sides.
- Fry the finely chopped onion in the remaining lard, until yellow.
- Add 1 teaspoon flour and let fry some more.
- Then add milk and let come to a boil. Place the fried celery in this sauce, salt and simmer, covered, shaking the pan from time to time.
- At the end add the chopped celery leaves.
- This dish can be prepared with oil instead of lard.
- In this case, replace the milk with water and add 1 - 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.