- 5 medium leeks (about 1½ pounds) white and light-green parts only cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium all-purpose potatoes (about 12 ounces) peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 celery root (about 1 pound) peeled and cut into matchsticks (1 inch long by ¼ inch wide)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon reduced pomegranate juice (lemon juice or vinegar)
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place sliced leeks in a large bowl of cold water. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to rid them of dirt and sand. Lift out of water with a slotted spoon, and drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and other remaining ingredients, and cook, turning the vegetables frequently, until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, and continue to cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings; serve immediately.