Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ⅔ cup diced green pepper
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh tomato
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1¾ cups chicken broth 
- Combine rice, green pepper, tomato, onion, chili powder, cumin, red pepper and butter in 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Lower heat to simmer; cover with tight-fitting lid. Cook 15 minutes (45 minutes for brown rice, 20 minutes for parboiled rice) or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork.