- 2 lbs neck of lamb
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small turnip, chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, cleaned and chopped into flowerets
- parsley sprigs
- 8 oz peas (fresh or frozen)
- 8 oz broad beans
- 3 pints water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the fat from the lamb; place in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Gradually bring to a boil; remove fat from the water surface.
- Peel and dice the turnip, onion and carrot.
- Shell the peas (if using fresh), and shell beans.
- Add peas, beans and carrot to saucepan of lamb.
- Add cauliflower; cover saucepan and simmer for about twenty-five minutes.
- Serve hot; garnish with parsley.