Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tbsp bacon fat
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 1 lb beef brisket
- 2 lb bacon
- 10 peppercorns
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- water or beef stock
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 small leeks
- In a heavy soup pot, heat the bacon fat and add the onions, carrots, leeks, garlic and parsnips.
- Brown the vegetables, and remove from the pot.
- Add the beef brisket and brown.
- Return the vegetables to the pot, removing some of the grease (as much as you prefer).
- Then add the bacon and spices, covering all in the pot with water.
- Heat to boiling, take off the skim on top, and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 3 hours.
- Add potatoes about 30 minutes before the end of the simmering.