Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 2 pkgs dried porcini mushrooms, rinsed
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, in pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pkg shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
- 1 pkg white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans whole tomatoes in purée
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 boxes cavatappi pasta
- Pour boiling water over porcini mushrooms in bowl, soak 10 minutes.
- Drain through sieve lined in paper toweling. Chop.
- Sprinkle chicken with ½ tsp salt and pepper.
- In saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Add half the chicken, cook until lightly browned.
- Remove to bowl, repeat.
- Reduce heat, add remaining oil, onion and garlic, saute until onion is softened.
- Add mushrooms, saute until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, porcini liquid, remaining salt, capers and pepper flakes.
- Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan, cook 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cook pasta following package directions.
- Mix parsley and garlic in bowl.
- Transfer drained pasta to bowl, toss with half the chicken.
- Top with remaining chicken, then persillade.