Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 2 serves.
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower, about 8 inches across
- 1 recipe Bechamel (White Sauce)
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- Trim the Cauliflower and cut a cross in the bottom of the stem end.
- This speeds up the cooking of the stalk so that it is tender at the same time as the flowerets.
- Drop, stem end down, into a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just tender.
- Lift out and place in a serving dish, preferably round, to show off the Cauliflower.
- Meantime make the Bechamel.
- Stir in the ground almonds, and cook, stirring, over low heat for about 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Mask the Cauliflower with the sauce and serve as an accompaniment to any plainly cooked meat, poultry, or shellfish.