This recipe is for 2 serves.
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower, about 8 inches across
- 1 recipe Bechamel (White Sauce)
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- Trim the Cauliflower and cut a cross in the bottom of the stem end.
- This speeds up the cooking of the stalk so that it is tender at the same time as the flowerets.
- Drop, stem end down, into a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just tender.
- Lift out and place in a serving dish, preferably round, to show off the Cauliflower.
- Meantime make the Bechamel.
- Stir in the ground almonds, and cook, stirring, over low heat for about 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Mask the Cauliflower with the sauce and serve as an accompaniment to any plainly cooked meat, poultry, or shellfish.