Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 large head Cauliflower (about 2 3/4 lbs.),cut into small florets
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, stemmed and rinsed well
- 2 slices whole-Wheat bread, crusts trimmed and discarded, bread torn into large pieces
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 12 oz. low-fat soft or firm silken tofu (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (3 oz.)
Preheat oven to 375 °F. Coat shallow 2-quart gratin or baking dish (approximately 11 1/2 x 8 inches) with cooking spray.
In same pot over medium-high heat, cook spinach with just rinsing water clinging to leaves, stirring often, just until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Press out excess water. Set aside.
In food processor, process bread until coarse crumbs form. Transfer to small bowl. Add oil and toss to coat; set aside.
In food processor, combine tofu, mustard, salt, pepper and Cayenne and process until smooth and creamy. Add Parmesan and pulse just until mixed in. Scrape into large bowl. Add Cauliflower and spinach; stir with a rubber spatula to coat with sauce.
Scrape vegetable mixture into prepared gratin dish, distributing evenly. Sprinkle reserved bread crumb mixture evenly over top. Bake until gratin is heated through and top is golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes. Serve hot.