Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is my favourite vegetarian curry. It's a simple one and quickly cooked. The taste is aromatic without being strongly spicy.
- 1 large or 2 small cauliflower heads
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 400 ml (4 dl) coconut milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 200 ml (2 dl) warm water
- 2 cloves of garlic (or to taste)
- 1 fresh green chili
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt - to taste (½ tsp)
- 3 tbsp tamarind juice (from 1 tsp of wet tamarind) or to taste
- Separate the cauliflower florets.
- Cut the tomatoes (peeled or unpeeled) into 8 pieces.
- Blend the onion, garlic, chili and turmeric into a paste in a blender or a food processor.
- Heat the paste in a large, deep pan but don't let the paste burn.
- Add the cauliflower floret and mix.
- Add the coconut milk, water, sugar and salt. Let the curry simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tamarind juice and the diced tomatoes. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice or as a side dish with another curry.