This is my favourite vegetarian curry. It's a simple one and quickly cooked. The taste is aromatic without being strongly spicy.
- 1 large or 2 small cauliflower heads
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 400 ml (4 dl) coconut milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 200 ml (2 dl) warm water
- 2 cloves of garlic (or to taste)
- 1 fresh green chili
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt - to taste (½ tsp)
- 3 tbsp tamarind juice (from 1 tsp of wet tamarind) or to taste
- Separate the cauliflower florets.
- Cut the tomatoes (peeled or unpeeled) into 8 pieces.
- Blend the onion, garlic, chili and turmeric into a paste in a blender or a food processor.
- Heat the paste in a large, deep pan but don't let the paste burn.
- Add the cauliflower floret and mix.
- Add the coconut milk, water, sugar and salt. Let the curry simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tamarind juice and the diced tomatoes. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice or as a side dish with another curry.