Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Goebel Estate in Royse City, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package frozen cauliflower
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sharp grated cheddar cheese
- minced parsley
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender but not soft then add to rice.
- Thaw cauliflower then blanch for 2 minutes and drain well then add to rice.
- Add basil, salt and white pepper then add lemon juice.
- Stir in most of the cheese leaving a little to sprinkle over the top.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 25 minutes.