This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Goebel Estate in Royse City, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package frozen cauliflower
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sharp grated cheddar cheese
- minced parsley
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender but not soft then add to rice.
- Thaw cauliflower then blanch for 2 minutes and drain well then add to rice.
- Add basil, salt and white pepper then add lemon juice.
- Stir in most of the cheese leaving a little to sprinkle over the top.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 25 minutes.