Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This unusual salad makes a splendid addition any cold table spread or vegetarian meal, and is prefect to serve with soup as a light but nutritious lunch or supper meal.
- 1 small Cauliflower
- 125g (4oz) long-grain rice
- 125g (4oz) cooked red kidney beans
- 125g (4oz) cooked flageolet beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- mint sprigs to garnish
- -- Dressing:
- 150g (5.3 oz) carton natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons natural bran(optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 small Onion, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint
- salt and pepper
- Trim the Cauliflower into small florets.
- Cook in boiling salted water until just tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain, refresh under cold running water, then drain again thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in boiling salted water, according to the packet instructions, until tender.
- Drain thoroughly and allow to cool. Mix the Cauliflower with the rice, beans and mint.
- To make the dressing, mix the yogurt with the bran, lemon juice, garlic, Tabasco sauce, half the mint and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold into the Cauliflower mixture.
- Spoon on to a serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining Onion and mint.
- Garnish with the mint sprigs.