Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2½ pounds)
- 1 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 pound thin-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½-inch dice
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced fresh coriander (optional)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets about 2 inches wide across set aside.
- Heat the oil in the cooker.
- Sizzle the cumin seeds over medium-high heat just until they begin to pop, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Turn off the heat, let cool slightly and carefully add 1 cup of water (caution beware oil may splatter when adding water) and tomato paste.
- While stirring with fork, sprinkle in the curry powder, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Set the potatoes and red bell pepper in the liquid and place the cauliflower florets on top.
- Lock the lid in place.
- Over high heat, bring to high pressure.
- Lower the heat just enough to maintain high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure with a quick release method.
- Remove lid.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add 1 cup frozen defrosted peas and simmer 1 to 2 minutes.