Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Notation on card says it was out of the Recipes from Old Virginia cookbook of 1828 from my Aunt Maggie's Collection.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 pound cooked and peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon granted lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon mace
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
- Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Add 1 cup of the sugar and the melted butter.
- Combine with beaten egg yolks, lemon rind, mace, and orange juice.
- Beat the whites until stiff and fold into sweet potato mixture.
- Pour into a well greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup sugar and bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour.