Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My mother obtained this recipe when she was on a Navy base in Germany in the 1940s. She is unsure of the date but this has been in our family since she obtained it. It is fabulous and easy.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- Put the corn bread mix in a bowl and, using a fork to blend, gradually add the water.
- Be careful not to over blend. The dough should be quite stiff.
- Add the corn, which should be well drained. Put about one-fourth of the oil in a skillet and heat.
- Ladle the batter into the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with syrup, honey or butter.