Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my grandmother's collection. Dated 1932. This one has a notation that it is out of the 1930 Farm Journal Magazine.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 1⅓ cups half and half
- Combine brown sugar, sugar and half and half in heavy saucepan with buttered sides.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue cooking to the soft ball stage. Remove from heat.
- Add butter and salt without stirring.
- Cook to lukewarm. Add vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Fold in coconut all at once.
- Pour into buttered and chilled square pan.
- Cook in refrigerator for at last two hours. Cut into slices.