Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the McDonald Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1990. Dated 1974. This is an incredible recipe. I made it on Bunco Night when the theme was Chinese. You wanna see 12 women go nuts over Chinese, this is the one.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 12 cups roasted chicken
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 tablespoons water
- 2 cans bean sprouts
- 2 cans water chestnuts
- 3 cups boiled rice
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Combine onions, celery, bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Put vegetable oil in a large frying pan, turn flame to medium, and add the cut-up vegetables.
- Cook the vegetables together until the onions turn golden in color, stirring occasionally as the vegetables cook.
- Add chicken broth.
- Do not boil.
- Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, season with salt and pepper.
- Combine cornstarch and water and combine until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the pan.
- Stir in chicken, sprouts, chestnuts and simmer until heated through.
- Serve over boiled rice.