From the Patterson Estate (Tyler, Texas).
Purchased in 1992, date on card says 1937.
Also says that this was Peter's Favorite Casserole.
- 1 fryer, cut up
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup water
- 8-10 fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- Cover Chicken with flour, salt and pepper.
- Place in casserole.
- Dot with bits of butter.
- Add other ingredients.
- Bake 1-1/2 hours in oven at 325 degrees.