Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Maggie's Collection. Dated 1919.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 6 bananas
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- Combine 1/2 cup Sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler then stir in milk.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Cook uncovered 15 minutes more stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg yolks and gradually stir in hot mixture.
- Return to double boiler and cook 15 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and banana flavorings.
- Line bottom of casserole with vanilla wafers and top with a layer of sliced bananas.
- Pour a portion of custard over the bananas and continue to layer wafers,bananas and custard ending with custard on top.
- Beat egg white stiff. Add 1/4 cup Sugar.
- Pile on top of pudding in casserole.
- Bake in 425 oven for 5 minutes.