Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
purchased from the Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989
Date on card says 1944
- 2 cups navy beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ cup chopped white Onion
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ pound salt Pork (I have also used Bacon and it works extremely well)
- Wash beans.
- Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Drain well.
- Cover with a large amount of boiling salted water and boil slowly for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Combine salt, Sugar, molasses, bay leaf, mustard, Onion and water and add to beans.
- Pour into bean pot. Score rind of Pork and press into beans, leaving the rind exposed.
- Cover beans with additional boiling water and bake in 300 degree oven for 4 hours.
- Remove cover for last hour of baking