This recipe was taken from Cathy's Menu and recipes for the week of 2/11/07
- 1 Pizza crust (store bought)
- 2 Cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 Cup honey barbeque sauce, divided
- 2 Tsp butter
- 1 Medium red or purple onion, cut in half and sliced into thin pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup shredded Gouda cheese
- Prepare crust according to package directions.
- Heat oven to 450 °F.
- Coat chicken pieces with 2 Tsp butter in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onions and garlic in butter, stirring occasionally, until onions are brown and caramelized (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken.
- Spread remaining Barbeque sauce over pizza dough.
- Top with half of the cheeses.
- Spread on chicken mixture.
- Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until crust is lightly browned and cheese completely melted.
- Let pizza sit 5 minutes before slicing.