Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Minnie’s Collection. Dated 1950’s but not sure of what year. She used to make this for me and I pretended I liked it, but it is a little on the bland side for me (don’t tell her)….
- 1 large white Onion sliced
- 2-tablespoons butter
- 4-cups cubed potatoes
- 2-cups cold water
- 1-cup sliced celery
- 2-teaspoon salt
- 1/4-teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-cups milk
- 2-tablespoon flour
- 1-package frankfurters, sliced
- 1/2-pound pasteurized cubed Cheese
- Cook and stir Onion in butter in 3-quart saucepan on medium-high heat until tender.
- Add potatoes, water, celery and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Gradually add small amount of milk to flour, stirring until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture to hot vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining milk and Sausage; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add process cheese and stir until melted.