A Catfish recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- dash of hot sauce
- for garnish: lemon wedges
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat until foaming but not browned. Season catfish fillets with salt and pepper. Add fillets to the skillet, two at a time, and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until flakes easily when tested with a fork. Using a slotted spatula, transfer the fillets to a platter and keep warm.
- Add shallots to the same skillet and sauté until translucent. Add vermouth, mustard, cream or milk and lemon juice. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in the dill and hot pepper sauce. Spoon some mustard-dill sauce on each serving plate and place a fillet on top. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.