A Catfish recipe.
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 2 large mushrooms, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns, slightly crushed
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon or other dry red wine
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised catfish fillets
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown. Add shallots, peppercorns and wine and simmer until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Using a wire whisk, mix in 7 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Season with salt to taste. Set sauce aside and keep warm.
- Place flour in a shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper and season with salt and pepper. Dredge catfish fillets in seasoned flour. Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Fry the fillets, two at a time, in the hot butter for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Spoon some sauce onto each serving plate and top with a fillet.