Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- 1 x 15-ounce package folded, refrigerated, unbaked pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1½ pounds U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cubed
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese or soft-style cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes according to package directions.
- Unfold pie crusts.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, cook onion and garlic in butter or margarine until tender.
- Add catfish; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until flakes easily.
- Use spoon to break into small pieces.
- Add goat cheese or cream cheese and basil.
- Cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon half of the catfish mixture onto half of each pie crust.
- Moisten edges with water.
- Fold pie crusts in half; turn edges under.
- Seal edges with the tines of a fork.
- For smaller pastries, cut pie crusts into thirds.
- Prick top of pie crust and brush with milk.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.