Makes 4 servings.
- 1½ pounds catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium-size green pepper, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- Rinse catfish fillets; pat dry.
- Place each fillet in between two pieces of wax paper.
- Flatten to a thickness of ¼-inch using rolling pin or wooden mallet; set aside.
- Combine rice, tomato, green pepper, jalapeño pepper, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 tablespoons cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Stir to mix well.
- Place fillets skin side up.
- Spoon ⅓ cup rice mixture on lower portion of each fillet.
- Gently fold over to enclose rice.
- Place remaining rice in bottom of 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice and oil in small bowl.
- Place fillets on top of rice.
- Brush fillets with remaining lime juice mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees 25 to 30 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Place under broiler until lightly browned.
- Garnish each fillet with 2 tablespoons salsa.