Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- 2 pounds U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 cup lime juice (5 or 6 limes)
- 3 cups mesquite or hickory wood chips
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large sweet red or green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- for garnish: salsa, sour cream and lime wedges
- Place catfish in a large plastic bag.
- Pour lime juice over.
- Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour (do not marinate longer; the acid in the lime juice will "cook" the ).
- Soak wood chips in enough water to cover for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Drain wood chips.
- In a covered grill, test coals for medium-hot heat.
- Sprinkle wood chips over preheated coals.
- Lightly brush grill rack with cooking oil.
- Place catfish on grill rack.
- Cover and grill directly over medium-hot coals about 5 minutes on each side or until flakes easily.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet cook onion, red or green pepper and garlic in butter or margarine until just tender.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Cut grilled catfish into chunks.
- Toss with onion mixture.
- Fill tortillas with catfish mixture.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and lime wedges.