Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 10 servings.
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup fish fry coating mix
- ½ cup cornbread mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg, separated
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ pound farm-raised catfish fillets, cooked and flaked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cook carrots and onions in butter in small skillet over medium heat until tender crisp; set aside.
- Combine fish fry coating mix, cornbread mix, baking powder, creole seasoning, and black pepper in large bowl.
- Blend milk with egg yolk and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir rice, fish, carrot mixture, and milk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Beat egg white until stiff but not dry.
- Fold in beaten egg white.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by ¼ cup into skillet; flatten.