Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- 1½ cups milk
- 8 ounces brie cheese, rind removed and cut into cubes
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup snipped chives or parsley
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add catfish. Return to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer gently for 5 to 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Remove from water. Cool slightly. Finely chop catfish; set aside.
- Position a piece of buttered foil around a 1½ -quart soufflé dish, letting it extend 2 inches above the top. Fasten the foil with tape.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Stir in flour. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in brie cheese, a little at at time, until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese, chives or parsley, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked catfish. Beat egg yolks with a fork until combined. Stir into cheese mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold about 2 cups of the beaten egg whites into the cheese mixture. Gradually pour cheese mixture over remaining beaten egg whites, folding to combine.
- Pour into prepared soufflé dish. If desired, chill, uncovered, for up to 2 hours.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Gently peel off foil; serve immediately.