Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You'll love this classic catfish recipe, featuring Parmesan, onions. Make it spicy-to-taste with a dash of Tabasco.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- generous dash of Tabasco sauce
- 6 – 8 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- Place cheese, butter, mayonnaise, green onions, worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce in a bowl and mix thoroughly. The cheese mixture can be made 24 hours in advance and refrigerated; soften at room temperature before using.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Poach catfish fillets, two or three at a time, in a skillet of lightly simmering water for 4 to 5 minutes. Gently lift fillets from water with a slotted spatula and set aside on a plate to drain.
- Place the fillets in individual au gratin dishes or in a baking pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Spread 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over each fillet. Broil for 2 or 3 minutes or until the cheese mixture browns and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. If using a baking pan, carefully lift fillets from the pan and place on serving plates; spoon some of the pan juices over each serving.