You'll love this classic catfish recipe, featuring Parmesan, onions. Make it spicy-to-taste with a dash of Tabasco.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- generous dash of Tabasco sauce
- 6 – 8 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- Place cheese, butter, mayonnaise, green onions, worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce in a bowl and mix thoroughly. The cheese mixture can be made 24 hours in advance and refrigerated; soften at room temperature before using.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Poach catfish fillets, two or three at a time, in a skillet of lightly simmering water for 4 to 5 minutes. Gently lift fillets from water with a slotted spatula and set aside on a plate to drain.
- Place the fillets in individual au gratin dishes or in a baking pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Spread 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over each fillet. Broil for 2 or 3 minutes or until the cheese mixture browns and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. If using a baking pan, carefully lift fillets from the pan and place on serving plates; spoon some of the pan juices over each serving.