Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Welsh traditional cuisine it is very complex, containing thousands of recipes. Here is an overview of the most popular Welsh recipes:
- Welsh Cakes, “Pice ar y maen”- the famous spicy cakes served warm;
- Welsh Rarebit – mature cheddar cheese mixed with strong mustard, on toast.
- Welsh Chicken, Leak and Broccoli Casserole – made of chicken breasts, leek and broccoli;
- Welsh Chipple and Bacon Pie – made of beacon, eggs, cream cheese and scallions;
- Welsh Lamb Steaks With Redcurrant Glaze – made of lamb steaks with olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice and red wine;
- Welsh Watkin Wine Pudding – made of breadcrumbs, egg, milk and currants;
- Welsh Tomato and Apple Soup – made of chicken stock, cooking apples, onions and tomatoes;
- Traditional Welsh Honeycake – a holiday cake, made of flour, honey, butter, sugar, eggs and milk;
- Welsh Glamorgan Vegetarian Sausages – made of Welsh cheese - “caerphilly”, leeks and breadcrumbs;
- Welsh Cheese Tarts – despite the name, it doesn’t contain any cheese, being made of flour, eggs, butter, sugar and strawberry jam;
- Rolled Beef Rib Roast with Horseradish Cream – made of beef rib roast, sour cream, lemon juice, horseradish, olive oil, garlic, carrots, leek and thyme.
- carmarthern misser bake, layered cooked bacon pieces, sliced onion and thin sliced potato baked in the over in a rich stock.
- bara brith, ( speckled bread) mixed dried fruit baked in a tea loaf.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.