The most popular Turkish dish is “Pilav”, made of rice or cracked wheat (bulgur) with chicken, fish, or vegetables such as aubergines, beans or peas. Turkish cuisine contains a variety of recipes from which the most representative ones are listed below:
- Turkish Olive Pitta - made of pitta bread, garlic, chopped dark olives, and olive oil;
- Turkish Bride Soup - “Ezo Gelin Ciorbasi “, made of tomatoes, butter, onions, chili paste, water, mint, cayenne pepper, and mint;
- Turkish Liver – “Arnavut Cigeri”, made of lamb liver, flour, olive oil, fresh parsley, and cayenne pepper;
- Turkish Stuffed Peppers – “Biber Dolmasi”, made of rice, pine nuts, olive oil, sugar, salt, boiling water, sweet pepper, mint, cinnamon, black pepper, lemon juice, tomatoes, and onions;
- Turkish Braised Lamb – “Bahcivan Kebabi”, made of chopped boneless lamb, onions, tomato paste, green peas, pepper, carrots, and potatoes;
- Ottoman Rice Pudding – “Sutlac”, a grain dessert made of rice, milk, sugar, flour, vanilla, and cinnamon;
- Baklava – a Turkish and Greek dessert made of pastry, butter, sugar, almonds, cinnamon, honey, and lemon;
- Turkish Walnut Pumpkin Dessert – “Kabak Tatlisi”, made of pumpkin, sugar, and walnuts.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Turkish Recipes"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.