Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are a few of the most popular Swedish soups. You can expect to find such sup names both at a traditional Swedish meal and in a Swedish restaurant.
- Salmon Soup - A cream soup with salmon, potatoes and onion, flavored with dill and parsley.
- Mutton Stew - Includes root vegetables and cabbage and is flavored with ginger and pepper.
- Nässelsoppa - Stinging nettles are found in few cuisines outside Sweden.
- Orkdal Soup - A lamb and rice soup with carrots, cabbage and a bit of onion.
- Meat Stew - meat, potatoes, carrots and onion. The use of canned cream of mushroom and cream of tomato soup makes this easy to throw into the crockpot before you leave for the day.
- Scandinavian Yellow Pea Soup - This recipe includes carrots, potatoes, onions, Danish or Canadian bacon, and Vienna sausages.
- Yellow Pea Soup (Ärtsoppa) - An authentic Swedish-style recipe, just peas, water, salt, onions and a bit of herbs. You can add pork or lamb if you don't want the vegetarian version.
- Chilled Beet, Orange and Dill Soup - A cold soup for the buffet table, resonating with Swedish-favorite flavors of beets, dill and orange.
“Makes 4 to 6 servings. 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 small yellow onion, cut into small dice, 3...Spinach Soup
“3 tbsp beans, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 3 carrots, 1¼ litre (5 cups) bouillon, 1 leek, ¼ tsp caraway...Tripe Soup with Garlic Bread
“2 cups dried yellow peas, 1½ lbs unsmoked salted bacon, 1 large onion, coarsely chopped, salt...Swedish Pea Soup
“3/4 c dried apricots, 3/4 c dried prunes, 6 c cold water, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 sl lemon; 1/4...Fruit soup
“1 lb (2 c) dried yellow Swedish Peas -=OR=- domestic yellow split Peas, 5 cup Cold water, 2 med...Pea Soup with Pork
“60 gm butter, 80 gm plain flour, 1 1/2 lt Stock Melt the butter and cook the flour to a chestnut...Basle Flour Soup
“200 g bread, 2 onions, 1 tbsp plain flour, 2 tbsp butter, 1 litre stock, salt, pepper, ground...Bread Soup