There are many Scottish recipes that are well known on an international level – here are just some of them:
- Haggis - Haggis is considered to be most popular dish all around the Scotland. It is believed that Haggis was very popular in English cookery until the 18th century. Haggis is prepared from the heart, lungs, and liver of a sheep, calf, etc., minced with suet and oatmeal, seasoned with salt, pepper, onions, etc., and boiled like a large sausage.
- Arbroath Smokie - A wood-smoked haddock from Arbroath popular in the East coast.
- Oatcakes - Oatcakes are made up of barley and oat-flour biscuit baked on a gridle, often eaten with cheese.
- Bannock Bannocks are a kind of round bread with dried fruit through it.
- Scottish Beef - Beef are generally prepared form The Aberdeen-Angus breed of beef cattle. The beef is reknowned world over as rich and tasty meat.
- Black Bun - Made with raisins, currants, finely-chopped peel, chopped almonds and brown sugar Black Bun is a very rich fruit cake. Cinnamon and ginger are added to make it tastier.
Pages in category "Scottish Recipes"
“ Deep Fried Mars Bar. Take one Mars Bar Remove wrapper. Dip in batter. Drop in hot oil until...
Deep Fried Mars Bar