Browse All Scandinavian Recipes: Scandinavian Appetizers | Scandinavian Beverages | Scandinavian Soups | Scandinavian Salads | Scandinavian Vegetarian | Scandinavian Meat Dishes | Scandinavian Snacks | Scandinavian Desserts
Here are a few of the most popular Scandinavian soups. You can expect to find such soup names both at a traditional Scandinavian meal and in a Scandinavian restaurant.
- Scandinavian Yellow Pea Soup - This recipe includes carrots, potatoes, onions, Danish or Canadian bacon, and Vienna sausages.
- Salmon Soup - A cream soup with salmon, potatoes and onion, flavored with dill and parsley.
- Mutton Stew - Includes root vegetables and cabbage and is flavored with ginger and pepper.
- Nässelsoppa - Stinging nettles are found in few cuisines outside Sweden.
- Orkdal Soup - A lamb and rice soup with carrots, cabbage and a bit of onion.
- Yellow Pea Soup (Ärtsoppa) - An authentic Swedish-style recipe, just peas, water, salt, onions and a bit of herbs. You can add pork or lamb if you don't want the vegetarian version.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.