Appetizers play an important role in the Portuguese cuisine. Since most of the main dishes are also quite light and easy on your digestion, appetizers often afford to be more consistent. Here are some of the grilled appetizers you can expect to find in a Portuguese meal:
- Steamed Littleneck Clams Bulhão Pato - White Wine & Garlic
- Sautéed Shrimp Lisboeta - Spicy Tomato Cream, Garlic & Brandy
- Steamed New Zealand Mussels - White Wine, Garlic & Cilantro
- Smoked Norwegian Salmon - Traditional Garniture
- Brazilian Appetizer - Garlic-Brandy Jumbo Shrimp over Hearts of Palm Salad
- Stuffed Squid Setùbal - Portuguese Chouriço, Sweet Peppers & Onions in a Light Tomato Broth
- Baked Stuffed Clams - Crabmeat & Shrimp
- Broiled Whole Portuguese Sardines - Sherry Vinaigrette
- Trio of Mushrooms - Portobello, Shitake & Oyster, Port Wine & Lingonberry Sauce
- Ipanema Crabcake - Sweet Red Pepper Sauce & Beurre Blanc
Pages in category "Portuguese Appetizers"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.