Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The variety of Polish soup recipes is simply amazing, however, many of them are just known on a local level and cannot be considered representative for the whole territory of Poland. Here are a few Polish soups that have made it beyond Poland’s borders and can be found in many restaurants all over the world.
- Żurek – this rosół soup is creamy and consistent and it is often seen as a main course by some Polish families
- Czernina – this soup is made with duck blood – an original and interesting flavor that some people love
- Rosół z Kury - chicken soup with added vegetables
- Zupa Grzybowa – a mushroom soup which traditionally uses Polish mushrooms
- Flaki - pork tripe stew, can also be made with beef
- Żur - rye flour soup
- Barszcz - Beetroot Soup
- Zupa Ogórkowa - salted cucumbers and pork meat are used as the primary ingredients of this sour soup
- Chłodnik – sour milk and beet leaves are accompanied by radishes and chopped fresh dill (other vegetables may also be added).