Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Persians love their food but they cherish their desserts. Dishes such as Baagh Lava, Baamieh, Fereni, Ghotaab, Halva, Naan Nokhodchi, Ranginak, Samanoo, Shir Berenj, Sholeh-Zard, Sohaan-e Asali, Yakh Dar Behesht, Zoulbiya are very popular both in Iran and in the neighboring countries. However, the Western world is also adopting some of these desserts as a welcomed change and element of novelty. Here are a few of the most popular Persian desserts and their main ingredients:
- Naan-Gerdooee: made with egg yolks, vanilla, sugar and walnuts
- Ghotaab: made with eggs, yogurt, flour, almonds, sugar and cardamom powder
- Sharbat-e Portaghal: made with fresh orange juice, sugar, and grated orange peel
- Sholeh-Zard: with rice, sugar, saffron, rosewater, pistachios, almond and cinnamon
- Sohaan-e Asali: with almonds, sugar, honey, saffron and pistachios
- Naan-Berenji: made with rice-flour, sugar, eggs and rosewater
- Naan-Nokhodchi: with chick-pea flour, sugar and oil
- Ghors-e khorsheed: made with rice flour, sugar, rose-water, egg and saffron
Pages in category "Persian Desserts"
This category contains only the following page.