Here are some of the most popular Persian appetizers:
- Maast-o-Khiar: made with yogurt, cucumber, onions, mint, salt, and pepper
- Naan-o-Paneer-o-Sabzi: Iranian thin bread, feta cheese, and herbs
- Kashk-e Baadenjaan: made with eggplants, kashk (thick whey), mint, and onions
- Haleem Baadenjaan: with eggplants, kashk (thick whey), meat, mint, and onions
- Borani Esfanaaj: fried spinach with yogurt, onions, and garlic
- Nargesi Esfanaaj: fried spinach with eggs and onions
- KooKoo-yeh Baadenjaan: with eggplants, eggs, onions, and saffron
- Salad-e Olovieh: made with chicken, eggs, peas, carrots, dill-pickles, potatoes, and lime juice
- Pooreh-yeh Esfanaaj: with spinach, milk and butter
- Naaz Khaatoon: with eggplants, tomatoes, pomegranate juice, sour grape juice, and marjoram
- Ghalieh Esfanaaj: with ground meat, split-peas, lentils, spinach, mint and kashk (thick whey)
- Khaviar: caviar with onion, lime juice, butter, and parsley.
“Stuffed cabbage leaves with sweet-sour sauce. This is an Iranian version of Stuffed cabbage...Dolmeh Kalam
“A superb sauce with that Middle Eastern flavour from the tahini. My six sisters-in-law tried to...Seven Sisters Secret Sauce!!
“Serves six as a meal or 12 as an appetizer. 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 medium onion, finely...Persian Stuffed Grape Leaves
“This is a variation of a dish I love. It makes a great dip when yogurt cheese is substituted for...Borani Esfanaaj
“Persian eggplant yogurt Dip from www.jewish-foods.com .. My husband had this at a Persian...Boranie Bademjan
Pages in category "Persian Appetizers"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.