Salads help to tie up a cuisine, and a cuisine like Marathi cuisine also needs salads to complete it. Indeed, Marathi cuisine has more than salads. It has a variety of chutneys too that can be used and normally are in place of regular vegetable salads.
Some of the salads used in Marathi cuisine are given below:
- Bhoplyache Bharit is red pumpkin raita in yogurt
- Gajarachi Koshimbir is carrot salad
- Kaanda-tomato Koshimbir is Maharashtrian onion-tomato salad-type-1
- Kaanda-tomato Koshimbir is a onion-tomato salad-type-2
- Khamang Kakdi is a cucumber salad
- Koshimbir and Raitas
- Vangyache Bharit is eggplant raita in yogurt
In addition to using fresh vegetables in salads in Marathi cuisine, chutney and other forms of salads are quite common.
- Gourd Peel Chutney is absolutely delicious chutney.
- Breadcrumb Chutney is a variation of chutney, and is excellent with vada pav
- Coconut Chutney is a favorite of all. It is made from coconut and green chilies
- Garlic Chutney - type 1 is Maharashtrian's favorite dry spicy chutney that is made from garlic and roasted coconut.
- Garlic Chutney - type 2 is a variation in garlic chutney. It is made of fried garlic, coconut and onion, goes well with any bread or rice.
- Green Coriander Chutney is made from coriander leaves and green chilies. It is usually used for vegetable sandwiches
- Methkoot, is a spice powder that is usually consumed with plain rice
- Mirchicha Chatka is a kind of chutney made from green chilies in yogurt
- Peanut Chutney is dry chutney made from peanut powder and chilies.
Marathi cuisine indeed has some interesting salads, and some of them are absolutely delicious.This category currently contains no pages or media.