No cuisine can be complete without a proper dessert. Indeed, Marathi cuisine is one cuisine that has a wide variety of desserts to make sure its cuisine is complete. Indeed, it has several delicious desserts too that will keep your mouth watering. Some of the best desserts in Marathi cuisine are mentioned below:
- Modak Maharashtrian speciality is a great treat and is said to be Lord Ganesh’s favorite.
- Sheera semolina is a great dessert for children and also makes a great snack.
- Puran Poli Maharashtrian's 'Holi is a dessert that needs to be consumed with a sweet chapati made from jaggery and dal.
- Basundi Indian pudding is made from sweetened boiled milk. This is served chilled or hot.
- Fruit Salad Indian fruit salad is made with rich sweetened milk and some nuts to add a good flavor.
- Gul Poli sweet chapati is made up of jaggery and flavored. Also, cardamom and nutmeg are added to it.
- Shreekhand sweet is made from yogurt and sugar. This is flavored with cardamoms and saffron. It may also be called curd.
- Gulabjamun is an extremely delicious and a rich Indian dessert.
- Shahi Tukde is a rich Indian delicacy. It is made from fried bread pieces tat are soaked in sweetened milk and topped with nuts.
- Besan Laddus are small round balls that are also widely known as ladoos/laddoos. These are made from sugar, ghee, chickpea flour, some nuts and raisins.
- Udad Flour Laddus is prepared like besan laddu. The only difference is that you need to replace the besan with split black gram flour. It is used for a healthy breakfast, healthy breakfast during chilly seasons.
In addition to the desserts briefly described above, there are:
- Tilgul small laddus,
- Sweet Ginger Pastries and
- Sweet Ginger Pastries.
In Marathi cuisine, these desserts are real treats.