Low Cholesterol Diet Edit
- Cholesterol is a fat-like substance found in certain foods and produced inside the human body. Cholesterol travels through your blood in small packages called lipoproteins. Low density lipoproteins (LDL), also known as "bad cholesterol", deliver cholesterol to the body, while high density lipoproteins (HDL) also known as "good cholesterol", take cholesterol out of your blood. When cholesterol levels tend to rise, a person can experience heart or circulatory system problems, that’s why low cholesterol diets are increasingly popular in medical circles.
- Practically a low cholesterol diet involves the total lack, or at least trying to avoid eating cholesterol-filled foods. Some of the foods that contain no or small amounts of cholesterol (foods that are a basic brick in a low cholesterol diet) include almost all fruit and vegetables, grain products, pastas, low fat milk, lean meats and cereals.
- Because a high blood cholesterol can hit anyone (because it can be caused by a poor diet or it can be transmitted through heredity), it’s recommended that you take up a low cholesterol diet even if you do not yet have cardiovascular problems. This will help you avoid future discomforts and sicknesses. Although a good diet is the main way to reduce cholesterol levels from your blood, it can be sustained by a drug treatment, as there are several pills that can ameliorate LDL. However this should only be considered as a secondary option, when you notice your diet doesn’t have the effects you and your doctor hoped for.
- Not only will you keep your heart and body safe and healthy, but by following a low cholesterol diet, you will also loose weight (because the foods from a low cholesterol diet usually are fat-free or contain saturated fat) and will feel in shape. If you’re a vegetarian, this diet will be a walk in the park, but it could require some ambition if you’re used to packing three hamburgers and 2 french fry dishes each day.
Cholesterol Diet Edit
- Many people today suffer because of their high cholesterol. There are specialists who have been working along the years in order to find a solution for this problem. Their answer has been the low cholesterol diet. If the cholesterol is too high, any doctor will prescribe this kind of diet. It is based on low saturated fat products and it reduces the cholesterol in the patient’s blood, thus reducing the chances of heart disease. The most popular worldwide cholesterol diet is the Therapeutic Lifestyle Diet also known as the TLC. This diet can be kept by anyone, not only by those who already deal with cholesterol problems. It is a very healthy diet and it helps everyone to lead a strong healthy life. On the other hand, those who have their LDL level too high have to take this diet very seriously.
- In the following lines we are going to offer you a few hints on what the TLC cholesterol diet advises you to eat. Of course, this diet is also based on low saturated fat and low cholesterol products. It is very important that the total calories provided by saturated fat in a day should not be more that 7%. Another thing would be that you are not supposed to consume more than 25-35% calories from fat during one day. The limit of cholesterol a day is of about 200 milligrams and that of sodium is of 2400 milligrams. The last important thing to be mentioned in this cholesterol diet is that anyone starting to keep a diet should consult with their doctor. This way they will know which would be the most appropriate amount of calories that each person should eat per day so that they can achieve or maintain a healthy cholesterol level.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Low-cholesterol Recipes (112 P)