Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appetizers or Mezze are usually offered on a large platter or table, and several different types are served. The versatility of Middle-Eastern cooking allows these simple creations to be eaten at anytime of day and are most delicious as in-between meal snacks. Some examples of popular appetizers are listed here.
- Broccoli with Tahini- Fresh broccoli served with a tahini sauce makes an excellent appetizer! It is perfect for vegetarians as it does not contain meat!
- Lamb Sambousek
- Sambousek- also called samboosak in some Middle Eastern regions, is fried stuffed pastry. It can be stuffed with cheese, meats and spices. This sambousek recipe feature it stuffed with lamb or ground beef.
- Hummus - Chickpeas with Tahini, a very popular Middle Eastern dip that is used as an appetizer and served with pita bread.
- Baba Ghanoush- Baba Ghanoush is a Egyptian dish of cooked eggplant mixed with onions, tomatoes, olive oil and various seasonings. The Arabic term means "pampered papa" or "coy daddy", perhaps with reference to a member of a royal harem
- Mekhalel / Torshi - Pickles The Egyptian word Mekhalel means 'Pickled', and the origin lies in which is vinegar. The Torshi word is borrowed from Turkish. The following things are used for pickles in Egypt: Turnips, Onions ,Carrots ,Cucumbers ,Chilli Peppers ,Olives.
Pages in category "Egyptian Appetizers"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.