- Swordfish Kebabs is an appetizer that is spiced with lemon juice, garlic and paprika.
- Chicken Muamba is a main dish that is made from chicken, palm hash, garlic and okra.
- Mufete de Cacuso (Tilapia) is another main dish with a special flavour of pepper and vinegar.
- Cocada Amarela is one of the best known Angolan desserts. It is a sweet and heavy dish that should be consumed with moderation.
- Fufu is a starchy accompaniment for stews or other dishes with sauce. It is usually made from yams sometimes combined with plantains.
- Palm Oil Beans is another very popular Angolan recipe. Cooking it is very easy: you cook the beans until they are tender, you add the palm oil and salt and you simmer until the oil is cooked.
- Corn Funge is a very easy to make dish that accompanies most meals. The only ingredient you need is corn flour that you mix in boiling water until you get a consistent paste. It is served with any fish or meat.
“It seems as if mancarra (peanuts) are found in at least one dish at every meal in Guinea-Bissau...Bolinhos de Mancarra com Peixe
“1 Chicken, cut up for frying, ½ tsp. of ground coriander, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp. dried orange...Chicken in Red Palm Oil
“1 small cabbage, shredded, 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained, 1 cup dill, finely chopped, 2...Angolan Cabbage Salad
“corn flour Boil water. Slowly add the corn flour. Mix well until you get a consistent paste. Add...Corn Funge
“Serve with Salad, pitta bread and hummous. This is a wonderful Middle Eastern dish. 2 lbs...Swordfish Kebabs
“1 chicken, 1 large onion, 2 full cups of palm hash (product of the extraction of palm oil), 4...Chicken Muamba
“2 cups ground white cornmeal, 1 ½ cup whole milk, 3 eggs, 1 cup cooked rice, 1 tbsp Red palm...Corn and Rice Bread
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Angolan Recipes"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.