Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The meat dishes in Angolan cuisine are very varied. The meats used are lamb, game (venison, ostrich, and impala) and fish (crayfish, prawns, tuna, mussels, oysters, mackerel and lobster). Outside influences have enriched the Angolan cuisine with such dishes as pickled fish, curry-marinated pork, lamb kebabs or different fish stews. Below you can see some of the Angolan meat dishes:
- Camarao Grelhado com Molho Cru is a very tasteful sauce on prawns.
- Frango Grelhado Piri Piri is a grilled chicken with peppers. The chicken is cooked in a broiling pan and the sauce is brushed on top op it. This dish is served with rice.
- Vaca Atolada (mud-stranded cow) is a meat and cassava stew. It is cooked until the cassava root has turned into a paste.
- Dried Meat Calulu: the dried meat is cooked with garlic in water. It is served with manioc flour pudding and palm oil beans.
- Cafreal has originated in Africa and it has tribal origins. In this recipe, the chicken is marinated in a tangy green masala.