- Remove the large outside leaves of the cabbage.
- Cut them in half lengthwise, then cut across the grain into 2-inch lengths.
- Cut all the inside leaves into 2-inch lengths at the same time.
- Place the cabbage in a very large pot.
- Quarter the turnip, then slice across the grain holding the 4 quarters together for more speed and convenience in slicing.
- Pour the oil from the anchovies over the cabbage and turnip.
- Slice the anchovies across the grain.
- Crush the garlic.
- Cut the scallions into 2-inch lengths, then slice thin lengthwise.
- Add these ingredients to the pot.
- Season with salt, pepper flakes and cayenne pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the pot and let the mixture stand at room temperature for 2 days.
- Casual kimchi will keep at least 10 days.
- Refrigerate in a jar.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.