Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 6 servings
- ½ pound pork sausage meat
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 x 8-ounce can cream style corn
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup canned green chiles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage until done, stirring often to crumble.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Set aside.
- Sift cornmeal, salt and baking soda together into mixing bowl.
- Add milk, egg, rice, corn, onion, chiles, pimento, cheese and sausage, stirring only to blend well.
- Pour into 10-inch oven-proof skillet or 1½ dozen muffin tins which have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes.