- 2 medium sweet cassava
- 1 small dried coconut
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 6 oz sugar
- ¼ tsp spice and black pepper
- ½ tsp essence
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat oven for 350 degree
- Peel, wash, grate and mix the cassava and coconut together.
- Work in the butter with a fork.
- Add the other ingredients and enough water to bind stiffly.
- Put the mixture into a greased dripping pan, where it should be about 1 inch thick.
- Bake in a moderate oven until crisp and brown on top.
- Cut into 1½ to 2 inch squares before serving.