- Peel, wash and grate cassava.
- Squeeze out as much of the juice as possible, using either a matapee or by wringing in a towel.
- Leave in lumps and allow to dry slightly in open air.
- Pound, sift, and add salt.
- Heat a griddle and a metal hoop of the size of cake required.
- Put cassava meal to a depth of about ⅛ - ¼ inch in the hoop.
- Cook until set, using moderate heat.
- Remove the hoop, level the surface and press firmly.
- Turn onto the other side and cook.
- When cooked through, remove the cake and allow to dry until crisp.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.